31: THE RINGS OF GOTHAM

For the past week we have been watching the first season of Batman: The Animated Series. I was never a big fanatic about the show but Chris has always been. After we started the episodes, come to find out, this cartoon really rocks! It's dark, clever and it's got great stories. How much better can it get?

So for this week we took a trip to the costume store and got a Batman mask (much to the boyish delight of Chris). Chris made the two rings below for me this past spring. They went perfect with our idea for the shallow depth of field project we had been toying with for a few weeks. Believe it or not, we had the rest of the props laying around the house.

Chris shot first and for once we got our lighting right on the first go! We used two strobe lights with umbrellas bounced off the backdrop behind the camera so that our bodies would be shadowed a bit. Chris tucked my hair and ears behind the mask and presto! He got the hero for my villain!

I had to do a little more prep for Chris. We painted his face and hand white and hair and eyebrows green. I made sure to position his hand so that it covered most of his beard. I mean who ever heard of a fuzzy Joker?

Comments